Week 10 Assignment 4: Conducting an Interview – Capstone Project Click the link above to submit the assignment.
Assignment 4: Conducting an Interview – Capstone Project
Due Week 10 and worth 350 points
Congratulations! You have the foundation for your HR department in place, and you are ready to select your staff. You must make sure that you are selecting the best talents for your HR department. You are now receiving resumes from recent graduates of Masters of Human Research Management (MHRM) programs, and you must prepare to interview the candidates.
Write a six to seven (6-7) page paper in which you:
1. Review the resume and cover letter you received from your job posting in the Week 8 discussion. Next, critique the competitive advantage you are predicting from the potential candidate. Provide a rationale for your critique.
2. Indicate the interview type you will be using (i.e., phone, video, in person). Next, determine one (1) challenge that may arise with this type of interview. Develop a plan to mitigate this challenge and minimize its impact on your interview.
3. Create the interview form. Use the job description from Week 7 Assignment 3 to write the interview questions.
Note: The interview form should be incorporated into the paper and is counted towards the total page length requirement for this assignment. Hint: Review the article “Types of Interviews” 4. Conduct the interview with your potential candidate via Google Hangouts, video conferencing, telephone or any other appropriate technology. Input the interview information onto the form you created.
5. Write a brief summary of your experience conducting the interview. Indicate in the summary whether or not you have chosen this candidate for the position. Include the ethical decision-making abilities that went into your decision. Provide a rationale for your decision.
6. Format your assignment according to these formatting requirements:
Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions. Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required page length. Cite the resources you have used to complete the assignment. Note: There is no minimum requirement for the number of resources used in the assignment. The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
Use communication skills to effectively convey human resource policies and practices throughout the organization. Examine the human resource management function of recruiting and selecting, and its importance to business strategy. Demonstrate an ability to motivate individuals and teams toward organizational goals through the application of human resource initiatives and policies. Develop ethical decision-making abilities that support employment practices, policies, procedures, and integrity within an organization. Use technology and information resources to research issues in human resource management. Write clearly and concisely about human resource management using proper writing mechanics. Grading for this assignment will be based on answer quality, logic / organization of the paper, and language and writing skills, using the following rubric.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more