Write a job description for one (1) of the HR functions you selected. Determine the specific degree (e.g., associates, bachelors, or masters) and certifications (e.g., SHRM, HRCI, ATD, or WorldatWork) needed. Include the level and type of experience needed (e.g., industry, managerial, customer service, tenure, etc.).
Assignment 3: Staffing the HR Department
Due Week 7 and worth 200 points
You are assessing the work design present in your selected company when you realize that you have not adequately reviewed the job descriptions, recruitment and selection methods the company currently uses. You will also need to make sure that the compensation and benefit packages are aligned with the company’s culture. At this point, you are realizing that you need immediate assistance, so you must start staffing your HR department.
Write a five to six (5-6) page paper in which you:
1. Choose three (3) HR functions and assess the significance of each in adding value to your HR department in support of your company’s vision and mission.
2. Write a job description for one (1) of the HR functions you selected. Determine the specific degree (e.g., associates, bachelors, or masters) and certifications (e.g., SHRM, HRCI, ATD, or WorldatWork) needed. Include the level and type of experience needed (e.g., industry, managerial, customer service, tenure, etc.). •Note: The job description should be incorporated into the paper and is counted towards the total page length requirement for this assignment.. •Hint: You can use the Occupational Network website for assistance.
3. Choose one (1) recruitment method and one (1) selection method you will use in order to attract the best quality candidates for these positions. Provide a rationale for your choices.
4. Develop a compensation and benefit package for the new HR Staff. Explain how this package will provide a high return on investment to the company. •Hint: Review the article “Creating a Smart Compensation Package” .
5. Use at least three (3) quality academic resources in this assignment from within the past five (5) years. Note: Wikipedia does not qualify as an academic resource.
6. Format your assignment according to these formatting requirements: •Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.. •Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required page length.. •Cite the resources you have used to complete the assignment. Note: You must have a minimum of three (3) resources for this assignment..
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are: •Determine the human resource management function of human resource planning and its importance to business strategy.. •Develop work designs that support the human resources strategy.. •Examine the human resource management function of recruiting and selecting, and its importance to business strategy.. •Establish the importance of compensation and benefits, and how they support business strategy.. •Use technology and information resources to research issues in human resource management.. •Write clearly and concisely about human resource management using proper writing mechanics. .
Grading for this assignment will be based on answer quality, logic / organization of the paper, and language and writing skills, using the following rubric.
Top-quality papers guaranteed
100% original papers
We sell only unique pieces of writing completed according to your demands.
We use security encryption to keep your personal data protected.
We can give your money back if something goes wrong with your order.
Enjoy the free features we offer to everyone
Get a free title page formatted according to the specifics of your particular style.
Request us to use APA, MLA, Harvard, Chicago, or any other style for your essay.
Don’t pay extra for a list of references that perfectly fits your academic needs.
24/7 support assistance
Ask us a question anytime you need to—we don’t charge extra for supporting you!
Calculate how much your essay costs
What we are popular for
- English 101
- Business Studies