What type of graphic presents data in terms of frequencies per category? a. Pie chart b. Line graph c. Bimodal distribution d. Histogram 3. When you are dealing with a normal distribution of scores, which measure of central tendency is preferred? a. Mean b. Median c. Mode d. All of the above, as they will be the same in this distribution.
Answer each of the following questions (multiple-choice or short-answer) according to the question prompt. Due Monday at 11:59 pm MST
University of Phoenix Material
Descriptive Statistics Quiz
Answer each of the following questions (multiple-choice or short-answer) according to the question prompt.
1. The number that occurs most frequently in a data set is a. mean b. median c. mode d. harmonic
2. What type of graphic presents data in terms of frequencies per category? a. Pie chart b. Line graph c. Bimodal distribution d. Histogram
3. When you are dealing with a normal distribution of scores, which measure of central tendency is preferred? a. Mean b. Median c. Mode d. All of the above, as they will be the same in this distribution
4. The _______ is a single number that represents the total amount of variability in a distribution. a. standard deviation b. variance c. range d. mean
5. Correlation coefficients represent a. The degree of relationship between two variables b. causality between two relationships c. whether the independent variable had an effect d. all of the above
6. Which of the following would probably be negatively correlated? a. The number of days in class and exam grade b. The height and weight of college students c. The number of difficult classes taken and semester GPA d. Overall college GPA and graduate school GPA
7. A perfect positive correlation occurs when a. an increase of 1 unit is always accompanied by a proportional increase in the other variable b. there is no relationship between the two variables c. an increase of 1 unit is always accompanied by a lesser increase in the other variable d. an increase of 1 unit is always accompanied by a greater increase in the other variable
8. You are reading an article that says age and number of sick days taken per year has a correlation of -0.72. How would you interpret this correlation? a. A weak, positive correlation b. A weak, negative correlation c. A strong, negative correlation d. A strong, positive correlation
9. If a data set has the following data points―5,6,7,6,7―you would expect the standard deviation to be a. a small number, because the numbers do not vary much from the mean of 6.2 b. a large number, because the numbers do not vary much from the mean of 6.2 c. a large number, because the numbers vary a great deal from the mean of 6.2 d. a small number, because the numbers vary a great deal from the mean of 6.2
10. Descriptive statistics are a. procedures using the experimental method b. procedures used to analyze data after an experiment c. procedures used to summarize a set of data d. all of the above
11. The standard deviation is the square root of the a. variance b. mean c. range d. sum of the raw scores
12. Define nominal data, and provide an example.
13. Define ordinal data, and provide an example.
14. Define interval data, and provide an example.
15. Define ratio data, and provide an example.
16. If you are dealing with percentages that total 100%, the best graph to represent your data is a a. bar graph b. pie chart c. histogram d. frequency polygon
17. If you want to know which score in a data set occurred the most often, you would use a a. mean b. median c. range d. mode
18. Which measure of central tendency is less accurate if there are a few extremely large or extremely small numbers in the data set? a. Median b. Mode c. Mean d. Range
19. Graphical representations of data sets a. allow an easy way to represent large sets of numbers b. are less confusing than several numbers in a descriptive paragraph c. allow a point to be easily understood d. all of the above
20. Which type of graph is frequency used to depict experimental results? a. Pie chart b. Histogram c. Frequency polygon d. Line graph
Top-quality papers guaranteed
100% original papers
We sell only unique pieces of writing completed according to your demands.
We use security encryption to keep your personal data protected.
We can give your money back if something goes wrong with your order.
Enjoy the free features we offer to everyone
Get a free title page formatted according to the specifics of your particular style.
Request us to use APA, MLA, Harvard, Chicago, or any other style for your essay.
Don’t pay extra for a list of references that perfectly fits your academic needs.
24/7 support assistance
Ask us a question anytime you need to—we don’t charge extra for supporting you!
Calculate how much your essay costs
What we are popular for
- English 101
- Business Studies