Research Question: Is there an association between Obesity (risk factor) and Type 2 Diabetes in adult (Outcome)
Title: A critical appraisal of selected pieces of health research literature
Details of the task
a) 3 peer reviewed reports of different research studies that are relevant to your chosen research question:
!st Peer-reviewed article: “The duration of obesity and the risk of type 2 diabetes.” by Asnawi Abdullah, Johannes Stoelwinder, Susan Shortreed et.al., published 29 June 2010. (Cohort Study)
2nd Peer Reviewed article: “Body mass index history and risk of type 2 diabetes: results from the European Prospective Investigation into Cancer and Nutrition (EPIC)-Potsdam Study.” by Schienkiewitz, A., Schulze, M.B. Hoffman, K. et.al (Am J Clin Nutr 2006;84:427-33). (Cohort study)
3rd Peer reviewed article: “Type 2 diabetes mellitus is associated with obesity, smoking and low socioeconomic status in large and representative samples of rural, urban, and suburban adult Greek populatios.” by Tentolouris, N., Andrianakos, A., Karamitsos, D. et.al (Hormones, 2012 11(4):458-467 (Cross Sectional Study)
b) Select critical appraisal tools that are relevant to the research reports you have selected and apply these tools to these reports of research.
c) Using the critical appraisal tools, relevant literature on your chosen health topic and literature on research methodology, write a critical appraisal of the 3 research reports.
d) Your critical appraisal should include:
– An introduction to your chosen topic.
– Statement of your research question.
– A critical appraisal of the 3 research reports you have chosen (including reference to the critical appraisal tools).
– References to the research methods literature and other relevant literature on your chosen health topic.
e) Your critical appraisal should include critique of your selected research reports in terms of:
– The research process as a whole
– The research question
– The study design
– The population and approach to sampling
– The approach to recruitment
– Methods used to collect data (including any tools used)
– Ethical issues
– The authors interpretation of the main findings
– A brief Introduction to the health issue
– Statement of the research question.
– Brief description of the 3 or 4 research papers found with references.
– Critique of first paper.
– Critique of second paper
– Critique of third paper.
– Summary and comparison / contrast of the methods used in the research papers
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more