Religion and Theology
History of Christianity
Peter Brown-THE CULT OF THE SAINTS
1. Tell me what Brown means when he writes that late antique Christianity focused obsessively on the “strange flash that could occur when two hitherto distinct categories joined in the back of men’s minds” (3)?
2. Characterize the debate in late antique Christian circles regarding family, community, and the dead, as Brown discusses this.
4. In what way did some late antique women and men regard the saints as “friends,” according to Brown? In the process of addressing this question, be sure to discuss late antique notions of friendship. What was the role of friendship with the saints among Christians in late antiquity?
5. Based on your reading of Brown, discuss the relationship among holy person, relic, and resurrection body.
6. What was the role of relics in late antiquity, according to Brown? Or, what was the role of the saint in late antiquity?
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more