Product Design and Development
Integration of design, engineering, and management disciplines and practices for analysis and design of manufacturing enterprises. Emphasis is on the physics and stochastic nature of manufacturing processes and systems, and their effects on quality, production rate, cost, and flexibility. This assignment is designed for modern manufacturing with focus on design for manufacturing.
The related topics in this assignment include process physics, equipment design and automation/control, quality, design for manufacturing, industrial management, and systems design and operation. This will also expose you to various manufacturing disciplines and practices.
This project requires design and fabrication of parts using mass-production and assembly methods to produce a product in quantity.
The objective of this course work:
Student will be able to gain an understanding and critically analyse every component of a selected product by technically disassembling and interpreting the product (assisted by engineering softwares such as Solidworks, Ansys) in terms of, the material, the manufacturing processes and the manufacturing costs. Student will also be able to suggest how to reduce the number of parts by combining function and which components/parts can be improved by redesigning them or changing the material. The staff members reviewing the project and the document will focus on their speciality and expertise but will pay due regards to the total integrated design solution.
Student will be tasked with
• Defining the needs of the product by providing explicit technical and economic evidence,
• Concept selection with showing typical product design route,
• Disassembling and analysing a scoped product for the materials and Designing for X techniques used in its design and manufacture,
• Presenting technical Improvements from the point of view of the Designing for X techniques.
• Select a multi components/parts product and disassemble it.
• Evaluate the existing DFX features in product with addressing the parts.
• Strategically improving the design for the point of view in manufacturing and assembling.
• Identify different features of DFX that the designer has taken into account and suggest and evaluate necessary improvements.
• Estimate tooling, jig and fixture costs, part costs and production number, rates etc.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more