Product Design and Development
Product Design and Development
Integration of design, engineering, and management disciplines and practices for analysis and design of manufacturing enterprises. Emphasis is on the physics and stochastic nature of manufacturing processes and systems, and their effects on quality, production rate, cost, and flexibility. This assignment is designed for modern manufacturing with focus on design for manufacturing.
The related topics in this assignment include process physics, equipment design and automation/control, quality, design for manufacturing, industrial management, and systems design and operation. This will also expose you to various manufacturing disciplines and practices.
This project requires design and fabrication of parts using mass-production and assembly methods to produce a product in quantity.
The objective of this course work:
Student will be able to gain an understanding and critically analyse every component of a selected product by technically disassembling and interpreting the product (assisted by engineering softwares such as Solidworks, Ansys) in terms of, the material, the manufacturing processes and the manufacturing costs. Student will also be able to suggest how to reduce the number of parts by combining function and which components/parts can be improved by redesigning them or changing the material. The staff members reviewing the project and the document will focus on their speciality and expertise but will pay due regards to the total integrated design solution.
Student will be tasked with
• Defining the needs of the product by providing explicit technical and economic evidence,
• Concept selection with showing typical product design route,
• Disassembling and analysing a scoped product for the materials and Designing for X techniques used in its design and manufacture,
• Presenting technical Improvements from the point of view of the Designing for X techniques.
• Select a multi components/parts product and disassemble it.
• Evaluate the existing DFX features in product with addressing the parts.
• Strategically improving the design for the point of view in manufacturing and assembling.
• Identify different features of DFX that the designer has taken into account and suggest and evaluate necessary improvements.
• Estimate tooling, jig and fixture costs, part costs and production number, rates etc.
Top-quality papers guaranteed
100% original papers
We sell only unique pieces of writing completed according to your demands.
We use security encryption to keep your personal data protected.
We can give your money back if something goes wrong with your order.
Enjoy the free features we offer to everyone
Get a free title page formatted according to the specifics of your particular style.
Request us to use APA, MLA, Harvard, Chicago, or any other style for your essay.
Don’t pay extra for a list of references that perfectly fits your academic needs.
24/7 support assistance
Ask us a question anytime you need to—we don’t charge extra for supporting you!
Calculate how much your essay costs
What we are popular for
- English 101
- Business Studies