What should the Parkers consider when deciding what insurance coverage they need? Do they have sufficient insurance coverage? If not, what type of insurance coverage do you recommend for them? How can they keep their insurance costs down?
Deliverable Length: 4–5 pages
Note: The Key Assignment encompasses components from Week 4 and Week 5.
Bob and Barbara Parker are in their 30s and have been married for 7 years. They have 2 children. They own 2 cars and a home valued at $500,000. Bob owns 50% of a garage door installation company valued at $2,000,000. The business provides the Parkers with a gross annual income of $150,000 per year. The Parkers have $300,000 in their retirement account and $100,000 in their personal checking account. Bob’s partner, Rick Wilson, owns the other 50% of the business. Bob has a $250,000 term life insurance policy but no other insurance coverage.
Part 1 (Week 4)
- What should the Parkers consider when deciding what insurance coverage they need?
- Do they have sufficient insurance coverage? If not, what type of insurance coverage do you recommend for them?
- How can they keep their insurance costs down?
Part 2 (Week 4)
Complete a chart with recommended coverage and amounts of coverage.
Part 3 (Week 5)
- Discuss taxation of life insurance proceeds and disability insurance payments.
- Assume that Bob’s 50% partner in the business is his old college friend Rick Wilson.
- Rick’s wife, Delores, has no interest in running the business. Do the Parkers need a buy-sell agreement? Describe the types of buy-sell agreements.
Top-quality papers guaranteed
100% original papers
We sell only unique pieces of writing completed according to your demands.
We use security encryption to keep your personal data protected.
We can give your money back if something goes wrong with your order.
Enjoy the free features we offer to everyone
Get a free title page formatted according to the specifics of your particular style.
Request us to use APA, MLA, Harvard, Chicago, or any other style for your essay.
Don’t pay extra for a list of references that perfectly fits your academic needs.
24/7 support assistance
Ask us a question anytime you need to—we don’t charge extra for supporting you!
Calculate how much your essay costs
What we are popular for
- English 101
- Business Studies