organization’s philosophy, mission, vision, and values statements. These are the organization’s espoused values: What the organization says it values. Conduct research in the University Library to find articles about the organization’s enacted value
Due August 3, 2015
Choose one of the following organizations:
• Walt Disney Company
• Cisco Systems, Inc.
• General Electric Company (GE)
• Nordstrom, Inc.
• Starbucks Coffee Company
• International Business Machines Corp. (IBM)
• Southwest Airlines Co.
• U.S. Army or other branch of service
• American Red Cross
Review one organization’s philosophy, mission, vision, and values statements. These are the organization’s espoused values: What the organization says it values. Conduct research in the University Library to find articles about the organization’s enacted values: What the company actually does.
Write a 700- to 1,050-word paper based on your review and research in which you complete the following:
• Briefly describe the culture of the chosen organization, noting whether the organization’s espoused values align with its enacted values. To what extent is communication in an organization determined by the organization’s culture?
• Describe the role communication plays in perception and organizational culture. How might misalignment between espoused values and enacted values affect perceptions within an organization?
• Identify the role of conflict in group communication. How might the organization you chose use conflict to improve communication within and among groups?
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.
Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.
1.Starbucks Won’t Tell You Passy, Charles. Wall Street Journal, Eastern edition [New York, N.Y] 28 Sep 2014: WSJ.3.
2.Starbucks CEO’s vision remains strong despite economy
Hirsch, JerryView Profile. Tribune – Review / Pittsburgh Tribune – Review [Greensburg, Pa] 08 June 2008.
3. Starbuck’s mission: Keep Elon surging
Sutton, Bob. Knight Ridder Tribune Business News [Washington] 18 May 2006: 1.
4. Economics: Starbucks
Anonymous. The Ecologist33.6 (Jul/Aug 2003): 22.
5. How Starbucks impassions workers to drive growth
Weiss, NaomiView Profile. Workforce77.8 (Aug 1998): 60-64.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more