Marketing Feasibility Report
In your role as a Marketing Consultant, you have been asked by Procter & Gamble, a global organisation with a large number of recognised brands, to research and report on the feasibility of them launching one of their products in a new international market where it doesn’t currently exist (this can be a country or economic zone of your choice and/or one you are familiar with).
It should be structured around the sections and sub-sections outlined below and on Page 6. Students should take account of the marks for each section and the marking criteria when writing their marketing plan.
Develop a Marketing Feasibility Report and Plan to address the needs of this task. It should be structured as follows:
1) Front cover and contents page. Give the Word count.
2) Executive summary (this should ensure that P&G read your report. It needs to grab their attention, tell them what they will get out of it financially, and why they should make this investment. It is not an introduction or terms of reference section).
3) Situational analysis (this should refer to the country/economic zone you have selected).
4) Marketing objectives (using the SMART format).
5) Marketing plan (strategy and tactical details). To include: segmentation, targeting and positioning analysis; marketing mix analysis.
6) Marketing budget: the cost of any launch campaign and a justification of the choice of media.
7) Conclusions, recommendations and summary.
8) Appendices. To include biography, references and any other relevant material.
9) PowerPoint presentation of your report. This should take the form of an imagined face-to-face ‘pitch’ to the client to support and promote your bid for this consulting contract. A maximum number of 10 slides for a 10 minute presentation. This should be inserted into the appendices section of your report as follows: once you have prepared your PPT go to the ‘File’ menu, click ‘Save as Pictures…’, this will save each slide as a separate JPEG or TIFF file. These can then be copy and pasted into the report. Nb this PPT must be pasted into the appendices and not embedded as a separate file.
You MUST underpin your analysis and evaluation of the key issues with appropriate and wide ranging academic research and ensure this is referenced using the Harvard system. You must use the Harvard Referencing method in your assignment.
Students are required to indicate the exact word count on the title page of the assessment.
The word count excludes the title page, executive summary, reference list and appendices. Where assessment questions have been reprinted from the assessment brief these will also be excluded from the word count. ALL other printed words ARE included in the word count. Printed words include those contained within charts and tables.
Executive Summary (20%)
This should not be an introduction and terms of reference. It should be a summarized account of the key issues and recommendations of the report, including the financial implications. Explain and evaluate how insight into buyer behavior can enhance the effective use of marketing resources; Develop and implement marketing plans for a product or service and critically reflect on the appropriateness of these.
Situation Analysis (10%)
External Analysis: PESTLE analysis. Internal Analysis: Analysis of the Company core competencies. Competitive analysis: using Porter’s 5 Forces or other suitable method(s). SWOT analysis: Based on the internal and external Analysis, produce a SWOT analysis. Critically evaluate and analyse the resources available to a marketer and establish how different environments influence the resources mix.
Marketing Objectives (10%)
New Product: brief description of the brand. Marketing Objectives: these should be specific, measurable, attainable, realistic, and set within a given time frame (SMART). Explain and evaluate how insight into buyer behaviour can enhance the effective use of marketing resources. Develop and implement marketing plans for a product or service and critically reflect on the appropriateness of these.
Marketing Plan (25%)
Market Segmentation: apply relevant segmentation criteria. Target Market: describe the chosen target market, explaining why it is attractive to the Brand. Positioning and Differentiation: Explain how the target market should perceive the Brand / Product / Business. Marketing Mix: Outline the product, pricing strategy, promotional strategy and the distribution plans. Marketing Mix – Global and E-Business: Outline how the marketing mix variables for this market. Explain how the marketing mix will use e-business. Develop and implement marketing plans for a product or service and critically reflect on the appropriateness of these. Critically evaluate the role recent marketing developments, such as relationship marketing, e-business and sustainability marketing, play in an organisation’s evolution.
Marketing Budget (10%)
Using your promotional plans as a basis, calculate the costs of marketing the Brand. Justify the media selected. Develop and implement marketing plans for a product or service and critically reflect on the appropriateness of these.
Conclusions, Recommendations & Summary
A summing up of the key issues raised and why P&G should invest in this opportunity. Critically evaluate the role recent marketing developments, such as relationship marketing, e-business and sustainability marketing, play in an organisation’s evolution.
Power Point Presentation (25%)
This should act as the ‘shop window’ for your report. You should imagine you are delivering this face-to-face with the client: Procter & Gamble. Develop and implement marketing plans for a product or service and critically reflect on the appropriateness of these.
Top-quality papers guaranteed
100% original papers
We sell only unique pieces of writing completed according to your demands.
We use security encryption to keep your personal data protected.
We can give your money back if something goes wrong with your order.
Enjoy the free features we offer to everyone
Get a free title page formatted according to the specifics of your particular style.
Request us to use APA, MLA, Harvard, Chicago, or any other style for your essay.
Don’t pay extra for a list of references that perfectly fits your academic needs.
24/7 support assistance
Ask us a question anytime you need to—we don’t charge extra for supporting you!
Calculate how much your essay costs
What we are popular for
- English 101
- Business Studies