Faculty of Business, Environment and Society
Assignment Title: Internet Browser Market
This assignment requires you to write a 1000 word original project
The project aims to apply economic theory to the world of business. Answer the following questions:
You are required to analyse the internet browser market and should answer the questions below.
1. Outline the change in market shares by the major internet browser in either the UK or the European Union (EU) over the last 5 to10 years. Analyse the structure of the UK or EU browser market. To do this, you should;
• identify the main companies involved and their market shares.
• explain what type of market structure exists, with supporting evidence.
• explain, using economic diagrams, how price, output and abnormal profits are determined by a typical firm (ie: one browser company) which is operating in the market. (Note that your market will be imperfect competition, not perfect competition. Thus, you cannot use supply and demand diagrams in this question).
2. What are ‘barriers to entry’, and which ones do you think are significant in this case? Explain your answer referring to your answer in question 2.
Kindly use the below references
Sloman J & Jones E, ‘Essential Economics for Business’, (formally Economics and the Business Environment)
Begg D & Ward D, ‘Economics for Business’
Ferguson K, ‘Essentials of Economics’
Cole R, ‘Tips on How to Compare Market Structures’, Economics Today, January 2014 (this can be found in the 2nd floor office in the library)
Useful electronic references
Europa.eu ( the European Union website, look for the Competition Directorate)
Financial Times (find via JOURNALS on the library web)
Economist (find via JOURNALS on the library web)
Wall Street Journal
Sloman News Site, particularly the following, which include further references:
‘Microsoft breaks promise to European Commission’, 2013
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT 🙂
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more