How Race, Ethnicity and Culture Can Influence An Individual’s Socio-Economic Status
Please, see attachments for additional information:
Topic Proposal and Outline for Essay 2: Due Date: Thursday, August 6, 2015 10:59 PM CST: Points: 100
1. Topic and Outline We have been exploring in this module how race, ethnicity and culture can influence an individual’s socio-economic status. Now it is your chance to dig into this complex issue in greater detail. In this essay you will explore the intersection of education and socio-economic status for different minorities in the U.S. You will be using the school library, to conduct your research. Your essay topic should be carefully researched and develop conclusions from reliable data. Use your experiences and to develop your work on this one.
For your Topic Proposal and Outline:
1. Please select ONE of these groups:
African Americans ?Native Americans
Eastern Europeans (the former Soviet bloc countries)
East Africans and other refugees from war, poverty, etc.
Other group, (please discuss with your instructor)
12. Clearly identify the group you selected
13. Construct a clear, precise research question around the topic of education and improved socio-economic status
14. Provide an outline that includes a clear idea of where you will be going in your essay and:
2. Historic data
3. Present day data
4. Change over time
5. Be sure you examine the multiple aspects of education, the various levels, etc. You may also want to include military service as an alternative to only school.
6. Compare the group’s progress to others; how do they compare, and what is going on behind the scenes to impact these statistics?
7. YOUR analysis and examination of possible solutions you have found, as well as your own ideas, and conclusion.
Essay 2: Education and Socio-economic Status: Due Date: Thursday, August 6, 2015 10:59 PM CST: Points: 100
You will be using the school library, to complete your research for this essay. We have been exploring in this module how race, ethnicity, and culture can influence an individual’s socio-economic status. Now is your chance to dig into this complex issue in greater detail. Your essay topic should have been carefully researched, and now, in your writing of the essay, you will develop conclusions based on reliable data. In Essay 2, you are exploring the intersection of education and socio-economic status for different minority groups in the U.S.
Please follow these guidelines:
Start with the U.S. Census data and go as far back as you can to research your group. You will want to track change over time in: number of people identified as part of this group, income range, and education reported. Compare and contrast to majority whites (some groups have been followed for years or decades, but others have not, so you will need to do some digging).
Address these questions: 1. How has education helped your group to improve over time, or has it? (research beyond the Census stats needed here)
2. Are the promises made about education actually being fulfilled? Why or why not? (real sociology-type question)
3. What other factors may be at play here?
4. Discuss the facts you have located and the interplay of these to build to a logical and informed conclusion. Have you found any solutions in your research for the issue? If so, include them in your discussion/conclusion, along with your own ideas about how education can and cannot help people improve their socio-economic status.
Additional Requirements and Resources:
5. A minimum of four resources from academic publications found in your school library.
6. 750 – 1250 words of writing. This does not include the title page or reference page. Please organize your paper based upon the approved outline and your faculty feedback.
7. Grammatically correct sentences.
8. Use APA citation guidelines.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more