GEOL – Meteorology and Space Science
Air Pressure and Wind
1. Describe air pressure, how it is measured, and how it changes with altitude.
2. What is standard atmospheric air pressure in psi, mbar, and inches of mercury? (Give the numbers with their units.)
3. Explain how the pressure gradient force and isobars are related.
4. Describe the Coriolis Effect; what causes it?
5. Discuss what the air does in a cyclonic pressure center. What kind of weather does one expect in a cyclone. Why?
6. Discuss what the air does in a anticyclonic pressure center. What kind of weather does one expect in an anticyclone. Why?
7. List the idealized global patterns of pressure and wind (related to the Hadley Cells).
8. Discuss the general atmospheric circulation in the mid-latitudes.
9. List the names and causes of the major local winds.
10. Describe El Niño/La Niña and the global distribution of precipitation. (Be brief; just summarize.)
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more