GEOL – Meteorology and Space Science
Weather Patterns and Severe Storms
1. Explain what an air mass is.
2. What are the four source regions for air masses?
3. Describe the general weather associated with each air mass type.
4. Discuss the differences between warm fronts and cold fronts.
5. What occurs in an occluded front?
6. Describe the primary mid-latitude weather producing systems.
7. List the atmospheric conditions that produce thunderstorms, tornadoes, and hurricanes.
8. In what direction do tornadoes typically travel?
9. What is the difference between a tropical depression, tropical storm and a hurricane?
10. What is meant by “storm surge?”
What are the five “spheres” listed at the beginning of the chapter? (list them)
1. Briefly discuss the factors that give every location a distinctive climate.
2. Briefly describe the Köppen system of climate classification.
3. List five principal climate groups of the Köppen system and describe the criteria used to define each group.
4. What are some of the possible consequences of Global warming?
Write a short definition (or describe its characteristics) for each of the following (about a sentence or two for each):
10. rainshadow desert
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more