Choose one specific product of one company. If it is a successful product, explain why and what make it a successful. If it is not a successful product, explain why it is not.
5 Research Paper and 10 PowerPoint Slides
The aim of this assignment is to develop your research and analysis skills. The assignment will also help you understand design management principles, requirements and processes. Your ability to communicate effectively through argument across oral, written and visual formats will also be enhanced.
You are required to:
Undertake a critical analysis, discussion and evaluation on selected management theories relevant to design and the design process in the commercial environment. Students will prepare and deliver a 10 minutes seminar presentation and report.
You must provide a structure for your report and elaborate on its logic and the flow of information.
The final submission of the assignment must include the following: A 10 minutes PowerPoint presentation to class on week 5 depicting: Relevant examples of design management, critical analysis of the practitioners’ output, design thinking, management and design processes with a well considered conclusion embedded in a professional presentation. Please bring presentation to class on a thumb drive for bulk uploading. A 1000 words report on the presentation will be submitted along with the power point presentation in the class.
Assessment will be based on the following criteria:
1. Summary of theoretical approach
2. Relevant examples
3. Critical analysis of the design and design management process
4. Well considered conclusion
5. Nature of presentation visual and oral
Learning outcomes / Competencies
1. Management of creative professionals
2. Marketing of professional services and branding
6. Developing appropriate business strategies for design practices
1. All work submitted must be accompanied by an assessment submission form. The lower part of this form is to be signed by the lecturer and kept by the student as proof of submission.
2. All work submitted after the submission deadline will be limited to a maximum of 50% and will not be accepted after the end of the study period unless special circumstances apply.
3. Students only receive grade bands, not raw marks, for individual assessments.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more