Interview someone from a culture DIFFERENT than your own. It can be anyone you know (neighbor, friend, co-worker, in-law, another NU student). HOWEVER, IT CANNOT BE SOMEONE IN THIS CLASS. In your interview, please address the following questions:
1. Demographics of the individual being interviewed (age, gender, level of education, what they do for a living, and how you know them).
2. How do you identify yourself culturally? How did you come to this identification?
3. Under what conditions did you and your family enter the United States (immigrant, political refugee, slave, etc.)? What was that like?
4. Has your cultural group experienced oppression historically? How has this impacted you?
5. Have you experienced discrimination/racism/or other isms? In what ways? What happened as a result of this experience?
6. What were your expectations when you were little about what you would be when you grew up and what your life would be like?
7. Did you feel you had a lot of choice in selecting dates? In selecting mates? In finding jobs? In finding housing? In obtaining credit? In obtaining medical care?
8. How did your expectation get met or not met?
9. What are common misperceptions about your group that you would like to see changed or corrected?
10. What are the most important things for people outside your cultural group to learn and appreciate about your group?
11. What are the best things for you, personally, about belonging to your cultural group?
12. Is there anything else you’d like to share?
Instructions Cross-Cultural Interview Summary
Part 2: Write summarizing the information you discover through the interview. Be sure to include a general demographic description of the individual and address specifically, the following two questions (include support through citations and references of textbook and/or peer-reviewed literature):
What you learned about the other culture as a result of this assignment?
What you learned about yourself as a result of this assignment?
Textbook Used: Culture & Psychology, 5th Edition, ISBN: 978-1-111-34493-1
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT 🙂
Top-quality papers guaranteed
100% original papers
We sell only unique pieces of writing completed according to your demands.
We use security encryption to keep your personal data protected.
We can give your money back if something goes wrong with your order.
Enjoy the free features we offer to everyone
Get a free title page formatted according to the specifics of your particular style.
Request us to use APA, MLA, Harvard, Chicago, or any other style for your essay.
Don’t pay extra for a list of references that perfectly fits your academic needs.
24/7 support assistance
Ask us a question anytime you need to—we don’t charge extra for supporting you!
Calculate how much your essay costs
What we are popular for
- English 101
- Business Studies