Contemporary Moral Issues
The point of this first assignment is to give you a chance to learn how to write a philosophy paper. That it is short means
1. it is worth fewer marks,
2. you have less chance to seriously wander off topic,
3. you have to focus your thinking, and be clear and concise in your presentation, and
4. you can present an argument which is shorter, more compact and manageable, than in a longer essay.
Keep these four points in mind when choosing one of the topics below and when writing your essay. It is important that you present an argument where you state a position and defend it with evidence from the texts, and you will be marked on your ability to do this. That said, while I am giving you a choice of two very narrow topics, in presenting your case you may draw on any of the course material we have considered so far.
1. How does an obligation, if we have any at all, to future generations effect our obligations to the environment? If saving the environment for future generation means deprivation and suffering today, do we still have an obligation? If so, how wretched must we make ourselves? Consider the views of Arne Naess and Trudy Govier.
2. Peter Singer and Garrett Hardin argue for completely different responses to the world’s hungry. Who has the better argument, and why?
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more