Description of the Assignment
The purpose of this 6-8 page paper (not including the title page or reference page in the page count) is a formal concept analysis of one concept found in a nursing
theory, adapting the methodology of Walker and Avant (2010, pp. 157 – 179). The book by Walker and Avant is not available electronically. This book is not needed in
order to succeed with this assignment. A summary of the steps in this method is found at the end of this document.
Any nursing theory may be used to find a concept for analysis. Only one concept is analyzed.
As part of the concept analysis, a focused review of scholarly literature is conducted, using a minimum of 3(three) scholarly sources related to the selected concept.
A formal literature review can be extensive in critiquing all the relevant literature about a specific topic or area of knowledge. In this assignment, that level of
effort is not required. What is expected is an integrated discussion of at least three articles on the concept selected for this assignment. Themes, ideas, or facts
about the concept found in the reviewed literature are presented in an organized fashion. Note: research articles about the concept are the best kind of article for a
The steps in a concept analysis include:
1. selection of a concept used in a nursing theory
2. identification of the aims or purposes of the analysis
3. a review of selected scholarly literature on the concept
4. identification of possible use of the selected concept
5. determination of defining attributes
6. identification of model cases
7. identification of alternate cases (borderline, related, contrary, invented, and illegitimate cases)
8. identification of antecedents and consequences
9. definition of empirical referents
The paper concludes with a synthesis of the student’s new knowledge about the concept. The scholarly literature is incorporated throughout the analysis.
Criteria for Content
1. Introduction includes statements on the process of concept analysis, identifies the nursing concept and nursing theory from which it was obtained, and relates
the main topics of the paper. A list of possible concepts is provided below. A substantive discussion of each of the following elements is present. All elements are
supported by scholarly literature
a. One aim or purpose of the analysis
b. A review of scholarly literature (minimum of three articles)
c. Two possible uses of the concept
d. Two defining attributes
e. Two model cases
f. Two of the following alternative cases: borderline, related, contrary, invented, or illegitimate
g. One antecedent and one consequence
h. Two empirical referents
2. Concluding statements present the writer’s new knowledge on the concept acquired as a result of writing the paper
Criteria for Format and Special Instructions
1. One of the textbooks required for this course may be used as one of the required references for this assignment.
2. Title page, body of paper, and reference page must be in APA format (6th edition)
3. A minimum of 3 scholarly sources on the concept are required.
4. The paper (excludes the title page and reference page) must be a minimum of 6 pages and no longer than 8 pages.
5. Ideas and information from professional sources must be cited correctly.
6. Grammar, spelling, punctuation, and citations are consistent with the writing style specified in the 6th edition of the APA manual.
Possible Concepts (These concepts are not required; students may select one of these concepts or find another concept in any nursing theory)
• Cleanliness of environment
• Patient Assessment
• Self-care deficit
• Behavioral system
• Boundary lines
• Open system
• Patient Centered Care
• Caring • Adaptation
• Energy conservation
• Activities of living
• Actual caring occasion
• Energy field
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT 🙂
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more