Students are to focus on the following case history: an adult man of 45 years with Down syndrome and a moderate intellectual disability. This man also has a chronic illness which is diabetes. You will need to select either Type 1 OR Type 2 Diabetes as your chronic illness – NOT BOTH. This man lives in a community group home that is staffed by support workers and he attends a disability-specific day program Monday to Friday. You are the community nurse managing the holistic care needs of this man.
QUESTION: Review the literature and write a 1500 word essay based on the case history listed above that answers the following statement: “Critically analyse the health effects on a person of having Down syndrome, intellectual disability and a chronic illness and the impact of the nurses’ ability to promote the health and wellbeing of the person”
The assessment criterion consists of the following guided statements:
1. Critically analyse the health challenges that may arise across this man’s lifespan as a result of his Down syndrome, moderate intellectual disability and Type 1 or Type 2 diabetes. Interpret how these health challenges may impact on his health and wellbeing. (10 marks)
2. Using the ICF Model, discuss how the man’s activity and participation are potentially affected across his lifespan. (10 marks)
3. Identify x1 intervention/strategy for managing diabetes from the peer reviewed literature (journals only). How will you as the community nurse adapt this strategy/intervention to ensure optimal health and wellbeing across the man’s lifespan? If you selected Type 1 diabetes – your intervention/strategy must focus on BSL and medication management. If you selected Type 2 diabetes your intervention/strategy must focus on physical activity and diet. (20 marks)
4. Academic writing style. (5 marks)
5. Referencing. (5 marks)
1. Students must write an essay that consists of an introduction, a body and a conclusion plus a reference list in APA 6th Edition style with a minimum of 6 peer reviewed academic references. Reference list and in-text citations are NOT included in the word count.
2. There is a word limit of 1500 words. Use your computer to total the number of words used in your assignment. However, do not include the reference list at the end of your assignment in the word count. In-text citations will be included in the additional 10% word count. If you exceed the word limit by more than 10% the marker will stop marking at 1650 words plus 10%.
The answer for question 1: An outstanding attempt at analysing the health challenges and potential impact of these for the person across their lifespan. Makes an outstanding attempt at moving narrative toward a sophisticated interpretation of the key issues.
For question 2: Using the ICF model provides an outstanding attempt at discussing how the person’s activity and participation are potentially affected. Makes an outstanding attempt at moving narrative toward a sophisticated interpretation of the key issues
For question 3: Clear and coherent description of intervention/ strategy and outstanding discussion about the nurses’ role in adapting these for the person with a disability and chronic illness. Makes an outstanding attempt at moving narrative toward a sophisticated interpretation of the key issues.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more