BUSINESS RESEARCH METHODS
BUSINESS RESEARCH METHODS
Maximum Word Limit and Assessment weighting for each aspect within the assessment:
• Individual Research Proposal (3000 words); Assessment Weighting 60%.
Select a research topic of your choice based on a business issue and design a research proposal for this topic. This proposal should not exceed 3000 words.
Based on the selected topic, you are required to:
• Develop two to three research questions and two to three research objectives
• Justify the choice of research topic including the background and context of the research
• Develop a critical literature review of the research topic.
• Design a research methodology based on the topic above. This would require you to develop a research design and justify your choice as appropriate. Your
research design should include the following:
Research Philosophy (e.g., positivism, interpretivism, realism and pragmatism)
Research Approach (inductive or deductive)
• Discuss and justify the Data collection methods – type of data, sampling method and target group
• Discuss the Data analysis procedure to be adopted
• Discuss the possible ethical issues that need to be considered in this research and
• Discuss any possible limitations to this research
• Support with relevant references (Harvard format)
• Provide a research plan (timescale)
In your data collection and data analysis section, discuss how you would collect primary data through the use of one or a combination of methods of data collection
methods e.g. questionnaire, interview, focus groups, observation, etc., and how you would analyse this data.
The above requirements are indicated as the required areas of focus for you to articulate your individual responses. The submission of your work for assessment should
be organised and clearly structured in the order outlined above.
Module Learning Outcomes to be assessed:
• Understand the scientific process, its application in economics and business, and its utilisation in the problem-solving approach to social work practice.
• Demonstrate the skills necessary to assess and interpret existing research as a prelude to carrying out further investigation.
• Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of a range of research designs and their appropriate utilisation by social workers.
• Conceptualise a problem; formulate hypotheses and objectives; design a research strategy, collecting, analysing, and interpreting both quantitative and
qualitative data, including commonly encountered statistical procedures.
• Understand the theoretical principles underlying inferential and descriptive statistics.
• Analyse datasets appropriately using SPSS.
• Engage in critical thinking when reading and comprehending research articles.
• Choose the most appropriate statistical analyses, interpret the results, and write up the results accurately and completely.
ASSIGNMENT MARKING CRITERIA
MARK 29 or less 30 – 39 40 – 49 50 – 59 60 – 69 70 +
Has the question been answered? The Topic Literature review and methodology are appropriate.
Vague, random, unrelated material Some mention of the issue, but a collection of disparate points Barely answers the question – just reproduces what
knows about the topic Some looseness/
Digressions Well focused Highly focused
Is there evidence of having read widely
and use of appropriate and up to date material to make a case? No evidence of reading.
No use of theory – not even hinted at implicitly. No evidence of reading.
An implicit hint at some knowledge of theory, etc. No evidence of reading. Very basic theories mentioned but not developed or well used. Some reading evident,
but confined to core texts. Good reading.
Good range of theories included. Excellent reading.
Well chosen theories.
UNDERSTANDING & SYNTHESIS
Are ideas summarized rather than being reproduced, and are they inter-related with other ideas?
No theory included. Vague assertions/poor explanations. Long winded descriptions of theory.
Some long winded sections.
Some quotations, but stand alone.
Some inter- connections. Good summary of theory.
Good use of quotations that flow with narrative.
Good inter-connections. Succinct, effective summaries of theory. Excellent choice and threading of quotations into argument. Good counterpoising of a range of
Does it show appropriate use of theory in a
practical situation? No examples No/limited/
inappropriate examples Few examples Uneven examples Good examples Excellent range of examples.
Does it identify the key issues, etc in a given scenario, proposal or argument? Vague assertions about issues. Largely descriptive with no identification and analysis
of central issues. Limited insight into issues. Some good observations. Good, detailed analysis. Comprehensive range of issues identified and discussed
EVALUATION & RECOMMENDATIONS
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT 🙂
Top-quality papers guaranteed
100% original papers
We sell only unique pieces of writing completed according to your demands.
We use security encryption to keep your personal data protected.
We can give your money back if something goes wrong with your order.
Enjoy the free features we offer to everyone
Get a free title page formatted according to the specifics of your particular style.
Request us to use APA, MLA, Harvard, Chicago, or any other style for your essay.
Don’t pay extra for a list of references that perfectly fits your academic needs.
24/7 support assistance
Ask us a question anytime you need to—we don’t charge extra for supporting you!
Calculate how much your essay costs
What we are popular for
- English 101
- Business Studies