BP Order Description
International business can be challenging, to actually understand the unique issues firms face requires close study of how a business addresses a particular problem. For this assignment, you will be thinking about and applying the concepts we have discussed in class in a short case study that explains and analyzes how an international business responded to a problem (labor, competitive strategy, marketing, supply chain, etc.). Your case study will address a specific set of questions laid out below.
Step 1: Choose an international business from the list below.
Step 2: Begin researching that business, starting with their company website. Take notes on their history, structure, mission, goals, problems, strategies, and growth. See the sources list below for other possibilities to help you learn more about the company.
Step 3: Write your case study using the information you have collected. Turn it in on Blackboard using the TurnItIn link and then hand in a physical copy in class on April 8th.
Your case study must be divided into the following parts and answer the questions listed below. You should write in complete sentences.
1. Introduction: What is the company and what does it do? What is the company’s history? How did it develop? How is it structured (multi-domestic, truly global, etc.)?
2. Problem: What problem did the business face and what were the primary causes? What additional factors affected the situation? How did the business solve the problem?
3. Implications: What are the potential implications of the issue? In other words, how did (or how will) the problem impact the business? (Example: We saw that Apple had to order an audit of its Foxconn supplier in the wake of media attention. Once Foxconn increased its prices, however, Apple moved to a cheaper supplier.)
4. Analysis: How can the theories and concepts we have learned in class be applied to or explain the situation? (TEXTBOOK USED IN CLASS – International Business. Geringer, 1st ed. ISBN-13: 9781259360510)
5. Conclusions: Review the problem and the business’s handling of it. Is the issue one you believe the business will face again in the future?
6. References: List each of the sources you used to write your case study. These should be in MLA format. For easy help with citations, visit http://www.citationmachine.net.
The following sites and sources will be useful as you research for the assignment. You don’t have to use only these sites, but you must stick to scholarly sources. If you are in doubt about a source, please e-mail me. Note: WIKIPEDIA IS NOT AN APPROVED SOURCE.
Company websites: The best place to start is with your company’s website.
News websites: News websites can be very helpful and the ones below frequently report on problems/issues that businesses face.
Books/Library Resources: Many of the companies you have to choose from are very well known, and it is entirely likely the library might have relevant books. If you are having difficulty finding information at the above websites, I recommend also checking out the library.
Top-quality papers guaranteed
100% original papers
We sell only unique pieces of writing completed according to your demands.
We use security encryption to keep your personal data protected.
We can give your money back if something goes wrong with your order.
Enjoy the free features we offer to everyone
Get a free title page formatted according to the specifics of your particular style.
Request us to use APA, MLA, Harvard, Chicago, or any other style for your essay.
Don’t pay extra for a list of references that perfectly fits your academic needs.
24/7 support assistance
Ask us a question anytime you need to—we don’t charge extra for supporting you!
Calculate how much your essay costs
What we are popular for
- English 101
- Business Studies